BML Boatmasters Licence Ancillary Training
£354 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ MCA Boatmaster Licence
- Training School:
- South West Maritime Academy
- Cromhall, South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- 3 days
What is the Boat Masters License?
The Boat Masters License is needed for passenger and non-passenger, commercial vessels that operate on inland waterways and certain coastal areas. It is a requirement as defined under the Merchant Shipping regulations, which came into force in 2007. In order to Master a vessel, commercially in categorised waters, you must be qualified under the BML Regulations.
How do I obtain a Boat Masters License?
- To qualify for a BML you will need to submit the following documents to your local Marine Office:
- An application form MSF 4364
- Evidence of completing the three basic safety courses – personal survival/water safety, first aid and fire safety MCA approved BML Short Courses or STCW95 Basic Safety Training equivalent courses
- A medical certificate Seafarer Information – ENG1 or ML5
- ATask Record Book MSF 4367
- Work record or other evidence of time served – Tier 1 applicants only MSF 4366
- Meet minimum age requirements*
- Any Pilotage Exemption Certificates (PEC) (if held)
You will also be required to complete both oral and practical examinations:
- an oral assessment on underpinning knowledge BML Syllabuses
- a practical boat handling assessment i.e coming alongside, anchoring, man overboard
The course consists of 3 modules spead over 3 days: Water Safety, Fire Fighting and First Aid
Modules can be taken as stand alone or discounted in this package as advertised. Please call for further dteails about invidual modules.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 02 September 2019 12 places
- 02 December 2019 12 places