Sea and Shore Safety Services Ltd
SEA & SHORE SAFETY SERVICES LTD
Sea and Shore Safety Services Ltd was established in 1986 by Captain Micheal Langran to provide safety training to the shipping industry. Since then, our company's services have expanded to cover shipping, supply of safety equipment, acquaculture, leisure craft, harbour and jetty safety etc.
Our staff are fully qualified and have additional expertise in :
- Handling of high speed inflatable craft
- ship and hydrographic surveys
- passenger safety and catering services.
We are in an excellent position to assist you with any form of safety organisation and training that you may require.
Captain Langran commanded a number of vessels in the Irish Shipping fleet before being appointed their Training Superintendent and subsequently, Personnel and Training Superintendent.
SAFETY TRAINING IS PROVIDED TO
- commercial shipping
- sailing and boating enthusiasts
- acquaculture and fish farming
- harbour and jetty personnel
- fire brigrade staff
All STCW Courses including:
- Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
- Proficiency in Survival Craft
- Water safety & survival courses
- Marine Inclusion
- Advanced Safety Course for senior ship's staff
- Boat handling
AREAS OF SPECIALISED TRAINING EMPHASIS INCLUDE :
- safe working practices
- survival techniques in cold water
- accident prevention
Whereas some courses are carried out in Dublin other specialised courses are designed to be carried out on the clients'own site using the equipment that staff would have available, and in the conditions prevailing on the site.
SAFETY TRAINING MANUALS
SAFETY TRAINING MANUALS
- Sea and Shore Safety Services Ltd provide ship's training manuals to a number of shipping companies
- Each manual is specific to a particular ship
- Safety Manuals can be designed for various marine activities
- Our ship's training manuals are made to meet the requirements of the International Maritime Organisation and each carries the approval of the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport.
- Sea and Shore Safety Services Ltd offer a full range of safety equipment, including the Jonbuoy "Man Overboard" rescue system.
- Lifejackets, throwing lines, first aid kits, flares.etc.. are also supplied
- Sea and Shore Safety Services Ltd are sole agents in Ireland for the following international range of safety equipment
- SECUMAR (Germany)
- STEARNS (American)
- ASPLI ( British)
- JONBUOY ( British)
- Most of these equipment has been designed to commercial and military specification and is therefore rugged and hard wearing
- Our safety equipment is suitable for use aboard ships, in fast inflatable boats,pilot and rescue boats, as well as for those working in harbour, rivers, canals and fish farms,.etc.
Sea and Shore Safety Services Ltd offer a consultancy services to clients
Senior staff will conduct
- safety audits
- equipment assessments
Recommendations will be made and safety plans developed in conjunction with clients
- safety inspections
An on site inspection of all safety equipment, and a certificate of inspection issued, together with recommendations as to:
- work to be done
- equipment to be replaced
- additional equipment to be fitted
Our company would be pleased to quote for the supply of any safety equipment required.
ACCIDENT PREVENTION IS THE PRIMARY FOCUS OF THE SEA AND SHORE SAFETY CONSULTANCY
STCW Training Centers
Sea and Shore Safety Services Ltd have their training center located in Dublin, Ireland.
Terms and Conditions
View the training school's Terms and Conditions.