Certified Superyacht Academy
Terms and Conditions
Cancellation policy: greater than 4 weeks notice - full refund. 2-4 weeks notice - 50% refund. Less than 2 weeks - no refund. Certified reserves the right to cancel any course.
1.Booking: A booking is only considered confirmed once a completed & signed booking form and deposit or full payment has been received by Certified Superyacht Academy. If not received in due time, the Academy reserves the right to sell the vacancy to another person.
2. Confirmation: On receiving the booking form, the Academy will confirm the provisional booking by email and attach the relevant invoice. The booking “status” will then be changed to “confirmed” once payment has been received.
3. Deposit: a 50% deposit is required if the booking is more than 30 days from the start of the course. Any bookings made within 30 days from the start of the course will be required to make pull payment to secure their place.
4. Payment: Bank transfers (EFT) require a proof of payment with your unique booking reference included PRIOR to the commencement of the course/s.
5. Cancellation Policy: Greater than 4 weeks notice – full refund. 2-4 weeks notice – 50% refund. Under 2 weeks – No refund. No Refund will be provided should you be denied access to a course, due to lateness, or sickness which has not been reported to ourselves or relevant training provider prior to the course starting. Not arriving for first day of course is considered a course cancellation under 2 weeks and no refund shall be provided. The Academy reserves the right to cancel any course.
6. Course Postponement Policy: Greater than 4 weeks notice – postponement accepted, no penalty. 2-4 weeks notice – postponement acceptance at discretion of management, potential full course fee penalty. Under 2 weeks – No postponement allowed, full course fee penalty incurred. No postponement will be allowed, nor refund provided should you not arrive for the first day of the course. The Academy reserves the right to postpone any course.
7. Sickness / Injury: In the event of falling ill or receiving an injury prior to the course, you will be required to provide a doctor’s note within 48 hours of the illness / injury occurring.
8. Sea Sickness: Students whom suffer from sea sickness or do not know if they do, are advised to check with their health professional to determine which medication is required. Please be sure to ask the health professional if the prescribed medication is safe to consume whilst training and to let the Academy know of the condition
9. Medication: Students are required to make known to the Academy, prior to payment, if they have any medical condition for which they require medication, what that medication is and how it affects the individual.
10. Academy Cancellation: If for any reason the academy or its partners are unable to fulfil a booking or a vessel becomes unseaworthy for any reason whatsoever, the academy will inform the student immediately. No liability shall attach itself to the Academy and its partners beyond the refund of the full fee paid by the student, or unused portions thereof.
11. School Insurance: The academy’s partners are insured for instruction; however, student’s needs vary. The Academy strongly advises that the student obtain their own insurance for sickness/illness/course fees or accident onboard.
13. Dispute: In the event of a dispute not being settled by mutual agreement, it is agreed that an arbitrator, who’s decision shall be final, will be agreed upon in accordance with South African laws. It is further agreed, all agreements between customers, clients, students, staff of Certified Superyacht Academy and their partners shall be governed by South African law, even when the dispute occurs outside of South African territorial waters.
14. Disclaimer: No liability is accepted for any student’s vehicles parked in designated training facility parking areas or students possessions in their vehicle, onboard any of the Academy’s partner’s vessels or accommodation utilised during training. No liability is accepted for students whilst on any of the Academy’s partners training grounds or classrooms. All students participate in any aspect of any course at their own risk.The student further agrees to not hold liable Certified Superyacht Academy, Super Yachting South Africa, any partners, agents or subsidiaries for any damage, theft, costs or bookings associated