Medical Care Aboard Ship
£702 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Medical Care
- Training School:
- East Coast College, Lowestoft
- Lowestoft, Suffolk, United Kingdom
- 5 days
This training course is required if you wish to qualify for a Chief Mates/Masters certificate of competency at sea and / or are in charge of the medical care of personnel aboard their vessel.
If successful, candidates will be awarded a certificate which meets the performance criteria laid down for Medical Care Aboard Ship in accordance with Regulation V1/4 of the annex of the STCW convention and section A-V1/4 (4-2) of the STCW Code and the Merchant Navy (Training and Certification) Regulations.
These standards are approved by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA).
This course is comprehensive and includes:
- Nursing principles and clinical examination
- The respiratory system
- The urinary system
- Injuries and wounds
- The gastrointestinal system
- Eyes, ear, nose and throat and dental/oral conditions
- Diseases and spread of infection
- The female reproductive system
- Medical care of rescued persons
- External assistance and the evacuation of patients
Progress will be assessed through continuous assessment via multiple choice questionnaires during the course and an oral/practical examination on completion.
A Medical First Aid Aboard Ship Certificate