Basic Safety Training - STCW
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Updated STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- Resolve Maritime Academy
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States of America
- 5 days
Basic Safety Training is Comprised of the Following:
- First Aid/CPR - 1 Day
- Water Survival - 1 1/2 Days
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities - 1/2 Day
- Basic Fire Fighting - 2 Days
Provides the necessary training to meet the Standards of Training, Certification, and Watchkeeping (STCW) code, tables A-VI/1-1 through A-VI/1-4 as required by the USCG and the IMO.
This course will provide the mariner with the basic safety skills and knowledge required to be an effective team member, before being assigned aboard ship. Basic safety training and familiarization are provided in the areas of personal survival techniques, fire prevention and firefighting, first aid /CPR, and personal safety & social responsibilities.
The program is designed to allow mariners to complete the four modules individually or within 5 days. Please call for further information or individual module pricing. (40 hours total)
A mariner who successfully completes the course will satisfy the following requirements:
- Basic Training per STCW Code Section A-VI/1;
- Basic Training per 46 CFR 11.302(a) and 46 CFR 12.602(a);
- Basic Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.201(h)(2)[Basic only] and 46 CFR 11.201(h)(3);
- the firefighting requirements for a national tankerman endorsement in 46 CFR 13.201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3); 13.401(d); and 13.501(c)(3); and
- the first aid and CPR training requirements of 46 CFR 11.201(i)(1).
MINIMUM ENROLLMENT: 8 (This class is subjected to being cancelled if minimum enrollment is not met)
APPROVAL: USCG NMC MCA
LENGTH: 5 Days