BML Boatmasters Licence Ancillary Training
£354 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ MCA Boatmaster Licence
- Training School:
- South West Maritime Academy
- Cromhall, South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- 3 days
What is the Boat Masters License?
The Boat Masters License is needed for passenger and non-passenger, commercial vessels that operate on inland waterways and certain coastal areas. It is a requirement as defined under the Merchant Shipping regulations, which came into force in 2007. In order to Master a vessel, commercially in categorised waters, you must be qualified under the BML Regulations.
How do I obtain a Boat Masters License?
- To qualify for a BML you will need to submit the following documents to your local Marine Office:
- An application form MSF 4364
- Evidence of completing the three basic safety courses – personal survival/water safety, first aid and fire safety MCA approved BML Short Courses or STCW95 Basic Safety Training equivalent courses
- A medical certificate Seafarer Information – ENG1 or ML5
- ATask Record Book MSF 4367
- Work record or other evidence of time served – Tier 1 applicants only MSF 4366
- Meet minimum age requirements*
- Any Pilotage Exemption Certificates (PEC) (if held)
You will also be required to complete both oral and practical examinations:
- an oral assessment on underpinning knowledge BML Syllabuses
- a practical boat handling assessment i.e coming alongside, anchoring, man overboard
The course consists of 3 modules spead over 3 days: Water Safety, Fire Fighting and First Aid
Modules can be taken as stand alone or discounted in this package as advertised. Please call for further dteails about invidual modules.