1798 | Basic Training Revalidation
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Updated STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- Mid-Atlantic Maritime Academy
- Norfolk, Virginia, United States of America
- 1 day
Any applicant who successfully completes our Basic Training Revalidation (MIDATL-718) course will satisfy the continued competency requirements for Personal Survival Techniques and Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting in STCW as amended 2010, Section A-VI/1, 46 CFR 11.302(d) and 46 CFR 12.602(d), provided that they have at least 1 year of sea service in the last 5 years.
The following practical assessments performed during this course have been determined to be equivalent of National Assessment Guidelines TASKs, as documented in NVIC 08-14 Guidelines On Qualifications For STCW Endorsements In Basic Training; 1.14.B, 1.14.D, 1.14.E, 1.14.F, 1.14.G, 3.7.A, 3.8.A, 3.8.B, 3.8.C and 3.8.D.
Applicants who have successfully completed our course need not present a completed “Record of Assessment” for these tasks in application for STCW certification.
Each student who successfully completes this course will have demonstrated competency as detailed in STCW Tables A-VI/1-1 for personal survival techniques and A-VI/1-2 for fire prevention and fire fighting as mandated by 46 CFR.
Please bring the following items when you report for class:
- Appropriate swim wear (i.e., shorts with liner – no basketball shorts) (one piece bathing suit for women)
- Towel (not provided by MAMA)
- Closed Toe Shoes, or Safety Shoes, (No sneakers or Athletic footwear, please)
- An extra T-shirt
At least 1 year of Sea Service in the last 5 years