STCW 2010 Survival Craft and Rescue Boat
€440 EUR(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than fast rescue boats)
- Training School:
- Reval Marine & Offshore Training
- Tallinn, Estonia
- 3 days
Course is compliant to STCW 1978 as amended in 2010 Code A-VI/2-1 and IMO Model course 1.23.
This course covers training in the mandatory minimum requirements for the issue of certificates of proficiency in survival craft as specified in section VI/2-1 of the STCW Code.
Course participants will be competent to operate life-saving appliances and take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during or after launch. They will also be able to operate a survival craft engine and manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship. Participants will know the correct use of all locating devices, including communication and signaling apparatus and pyrotechnics, how to apply first aid to survivors and the actions to take to preserve the lives of those in charge. Content: Knowledge, understanding and proficiency in accordance with IMO Model Course 1.23:
- Introduction; safety and abandon ship; Survival craft and rescue boats; Launching arrangements;
- Evacuation and recovery of survival craft and rescue boats;
- Actions to take when clear of the ship;
- Lifeboat engine and accessories;
- Rescue boat outboard engine;
- Handling survival craft and rescue boats in rough water;
- Actions to take when aboard a survival craft;
- Methods of helicopter rescue;
- Radio equipment.
Approval: Course is approved by Estonian Maritime Administration
Accommodation: if you require so, we shall arrange hotel for you. The hotel is high quality 3 star SPA hotel. Hotel fee is 45 EUR per night single room, breakfast included. Transfer to training centre and back to hotel is complimentary.