Approved Engine Course 1 (AEC1)
£750 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Approved Engine Course
- Training School:
- South West Maritime Academy
- Cromhall, South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- 5 days
The MCA Approved Engine course (AEC) objective is to provide students with basic theoretical knowledge & practical hands on experience of diesel engines and systems to enable them to meet the requirements of the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) Codes of Practice for
The Safety of Large Commercial Sailing and Motor Vessels, the Safety of Small Commercial Motor Vessels and the Safety of Small Workboats and Pilot Boats.
- Annex 5 of the Safety of Large Commercial Sailing and Motor Vessels defines the Engineering Competencies required for these vessels.
- Annex 7 of the Safety of Small Commercial Motor Vessels defines the Engineering Competencies required for these vessels.
- Annex 11 of the Safety of Small Workboats and Pilot Boats defines the Engineering Competencies required for these vessels.
- In short the course does not attempt to make diesel engineers out of you. It is designed in such a way that you will be able to carry out regular maintenance and safety checks as well as troubleshoot should there be a problem.
The Course Content:
- The course covers both practical and theory sessions.
- Compression Ignition Engine
- Cycle of Operation and Constructional Details
- The Fuel System
- The Role of Air in the Combustion Process
- The Cooling System
- The Lubrication System
- Engine Electrical Systems
- Power Transmission
- Hull Fittings
- Marine Pollution
- Code of Safe Working Practices
- Bottled LPG installations
This course is run at our puspose built maritime engineering training facility at our Academy in Cromhall, nr. Bristol.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 17 October 2022 8 places
- 07 November 2022 8 places
- 05 December 2022 8 places