Ship Security Awareness Training for All Seafarers (IMO model course 3.27)
$336 USD(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Security Awareness
- Training School:
- Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico
- 2 days
Objective: This model course is intended to provide the knowledge required to enable personnel without designated security
duties in connection with a Ship Security Plan (SSP) to enhance ship security in accordance with the requirements of chapter XI-2 of SOLAS 74 as amended, the ISPS Code, and section A-VI/6-1 of the STCW Code, as amended.
Those who successfully complete this course should achieve the required standard of competence enabling them to contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness and the ability to recognize security threats and to respond appropriately.
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- The meaning and the consequential requirements of the different security levels
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans
- Recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances, and devices
- Recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis, of characteristics and behavioural patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security
- Techniques used to circumvent security measures
Duration: 12 hrs.
I.Maritime security policy.
III.Threat identification , recognition and response.
IV.Ship security actions.
V.Emergency preparedness , drills and exercise.