Basic Safety Training refresher (STCW)
€683.65 EUR(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Updated STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 2 days
The Basic Safety Training (STCW) Refresher is for all who already have an Basic Safety STCW certificate and must take the compulsory refresher course (once every 5 years).The training consists of refreshing the Personal Survival Techniques, Elementary First Aid, Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities, and Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting modules. The objective of this course is to provide appropriate recurrent training or instruction to survive at sea in the event of ship abandonment as set out in STCW Code Table A-VI/1-4.
This Basic Safety Training (STCW) Refresher contents:
- Personal safety and social responsibilities;
- Personal survival techniques;
- Fire prevention and fire fighting;
- Elementary first aid.
Until January 1, 2017, seafarers may provide evidence of having mantained the minimum of competence in basic training by documenting 12 months of service within the last 5 years. After January 1, 2017, seafarers must provide evidence of maintaining the standards of competence in basic training every 5 years.
We expect the participants at 07.45 on the first training day. The following days start at 08.15. All training days end no later than 17.00, unless the participant attends additional training(s).
The training is given in English. We can organize this training in a different language for groups on request and if necessary with an private interpreter.
Requirements for participation:
In order to participate to the training, participants need to have a valid Basic Safety STCW as well as a seafarers medical certificate or declaration of good health from their doctor. We can arrange a seafarers medical certificate for the participants.
Please bring the following items to the training: swimwear, seamansbook and Passport, ID or Driverslicence
To be sent prior to starting the course:
- A valid Seafarers medical certificate (physical examination)
- A copy of the delegates passport
- A copy of the first page of the delegates seamansbook
- A copy of the delegates old Basic Safety Training (STCW) certificate
It is important that we receive the required documents in time, otherwise it will not be possible for us to issue a certificate.
- Basic Safety Training (STCW) Refresher €575,-
- Basic Safety Training (STCW) €985,-
- Security Awareness €200,-
- Basic Safety Training +Security Awareness Combination price €1160,-
- (Optional) seafarers medical certificate €160,-