Passenger Safety, Cargo Safety & Hull Integrity for Ro-Ro Passenger Ships
£150 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Additional STCW courses
- Training School:
- Fire Aid Academy Ltd
- Hythe, Southampton, United Kingdom
- 1 day
This course is for masters, chief engineer officers, chief mates, second engineer officers and ratings assigned immediate responsibility for embarking and disembarking passengers, for loading, discharging or securing cargo or for closing hull openings on board ro-ro passenger ships. The duration of the course is 1 day where a mixture of lectures, discussion and group exercises are used to enhance learning.
The course consists of 6 modules required by various personnel according to the shipboard tasks assigned to them. For example, ratings assigned to assist in the embarking or disembarking of passengers may only require module 1. If they are also assigned duties to assist in securing cargoes they would also need to undertake module 5.
The course will provide students with a thorough knowledge of;
- How to carry out safe loading and embarkation procedures
- Requirements for safe carriage of dangerous goods
- Requirements for securing cargoes and knows how to use cargo securing equipment and materials
- Stability and stress calculations
- How to open, close and secure hull openings
- How to monitor and maintain a ro-ro deck atmosphere
- STCW regulations dictate that refresher training must be completed at no more than 5-yearly intervals.