STCW Basic Safety Training
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- ASK Safety AS
- Aalesund, Møre og Romsdal, Norway
- 5 days
STCW Code, chapter VI. Section A-VI/1, chapter 2 and tables; A-VI/1-1, 1-2,,1-3. 1-4
Outlined in CFR 46 § 12.602
The course is a 40 hours course, stretching over 5 days.
Alternative II: E-learning. Estimated time consumption 10 hrs. followed up with 3 days at the facilities for practical exercises.
The course is mandatory for all seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity onboard ships on the business of that they have designated safety duties in accordance to the emergency plan.
The course consists of 4 modules;
- Modul 1: Personal Survival Techniques, STCW table A-VI/1-1
- Modul 2: Fire prevention and Fire Fighting, STVW table A-VI/1-2
- Modul 3: Elementary First Aid, STCW table A-VI/1-3
- Modul 4: Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities, STCW table A-V/1-4
The course is divided into theoretical lectures, practical demonstrations and practical exercises.
Delegates must be over 18 years old. He or she must produce a valid Doctors note to confirm they are in good health to participate in the course. Completed STCW Crowd Management training.
What to bring:
Document to identify the Delegate.
For the practical exercises it can be advised to bring swim gear and towel. Soft shoes to wear at the pool.