Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than Fast Rescue Boats)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than fast rescue boats)
- Training School:
- Maritime Professional Training
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States of America
- 4 days
This 4 day USCG, MCA & Marshall Islands Approved Course includes theory and practical training and assessment utilizing MPT’s RHIB’s and various Survival Craft including the new MPT Waterside Lifeboat Facility.
Any applicant who has successfully completes Proficiency in Survival Craft (MARTPT-372) course will satisfy:
- The Lifeboatman training, practical demonstration, and written examination requirements of 46 CFR 12.407(b)(3) for endorsement as Lifeboatman; AND
- The Proficiency in Survival Craft training requirements of 46 CFR 11.309(a)(4)(v), 46 CFR 11.319(a)(4)(v), 11.321(a)(3)(iii), 11.329(a)(4)(iii), and 11.335(a)(3)(iii); AND
- The Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats Other Than Fast Rescue Boats (PSC) standards of competence required by 46 CFR 12.613; AND,
- The Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats Other Than Fast Rescue Boats (PSC) standards of competence required by Section A-VI/2and Table A-VI/2-1 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010, meeting the National Assessment Guidelines from NVIC 04-14(Ch-1) Tasks 1.1.A, 1.2.A, 1.3.A, 1.3.B, 1.3.C, 1.3.D, 1.4.A, 1.4.C, 1.5.A, 1.6.A, 1.8.A, 1.9.A, 2.l. A, 3.1.A, 3.1.B, 3.2.A, 3.3.A, 3.4.A, 3.5.A, 3.5.B, 3.6.A, 3.7.A, 3.8.A, 4.1.A, 4.1.B, 4.2.A; AND
- Task 15.1 from NVIC 12-14(Ch-3); AND task 17.4 from NVIC 03-18.
- Applicants who have successfully completed your course need not present completed "Task Control Sheets" for these assessments in application for STCW certification.
This course is approved at the merchant level and has no restrictions for STCW VI/2-1.
- Survival Methods
- Inflatable Liferafts
- Survival Equipment
- Launching and Recovery of Life Boats
- Shipboard Davit Systems
- Oar Commands
If you are taking this course to satisfy a maritime administration outside of the countries that are listed above, we recommend verifying with your flag state to ensure that they will accept the training certificate before undertaking the course.