Tender pack (RYA PB2)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Superyacht packages
- Training School:
- Seascope France
- Antibes, Alpes Maritimes, France
- 7 days
2 essential courses to get you started towards securing your first deckhand job: STCW Basic Safety Training and Powerboat Level 2. STCW BST is a mandatory training for all seafarers, and PB2 allows you to drive tender and advance your career on superyacht.
STCW Basic Safety Training
STCW Basic Safety Training is a 5-day course comprised of five modules:
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibility: understanding of on-board working conditions, safety procedures and accident prevention.
- Personal Survival Techniques: survival at sea in the event of an emergency, life-raft familiarisation.
- Elementary First Aid: basic first aid training & resuscitation
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting: fire causes, prevention, extinguishing techniques.
- Proficiency in Security Awareness: importance of on-board security and how to recognise and react in the event of security threats.
The course provides students with an important introduction to working at sea and will equip them with necessary skills and knowledge to work safely onboard a seagoing vessel. Once students obtain STCW Basic Safety Training, they meet the minimum mandatory requirement for working on superyachts and commercial vessels over 24 metres in length.
The STCW (Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping) courses are run in accordance with section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code including the Manila amendments introduced in 2010.
RYA Powerboat Level 2
This two-day comprehensive course covers all aspects of powerboats, boat handling, safety and pilotage.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 17 April 2023 5 places
- 08 May 2023 5 places
- 15 May 2023 5 places
- 22 May 2023 5 places
- 05 June 2023 5 places
- 19 June 2023 5 places
- 03 July 2023 5 places
16 bis Bld d'Aguillon