Full Tender & Jetski Pack
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Superyacht packages
- Training School:
- Seascope France
- Antibes, Alpes Maritimes, France
- 8 days
This pack inculdes three courses to get you started on yachts and offer additional skills to stand out: STCW Basic Safety Training, RYA Powerboat Level 2 and RYA PWC/Jet Ski. STCW BST is a mandatory training for all seafarers, and PB2 and Jet Ski/PWC courses allow you to drive tender and personal watercraft and advance your career on superyacht.
STCW Basic Safety Training
STCW Basic Safety Training is a 5-day course comprised of five modules:
- Personal Safety & Social Responsibility: understanding of on-board working conditions, safety procedures and accident prevention.
- Personal Survival Techniques: survival at sea in the event of an emergency, life-raft familiarisation.
- Elementary First Aid: basic first aid training & resuscitation
- Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting: fire causes, prevention, extinguishing techniques.
- Proficiency in Security Awareness: importance of on-board security and how to recognise and react in the event of security threats.
The course provides students with an important introduction to working at sea and will equip them with necessary skills and knowledge to work safely onboard a seagoing vessel. Once students obtain STCW Basic Safety Training, they meet the minimum mandatory requirement for working on superyachts and commercial vessels over 24 metres in length.
The STCW (Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping) courses are run in accordance with section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code including the Manila amendments introduced in 2010.
RYA Powerboat Level 2
This two-day comprehensive course covers all aspects of powerboats, boat handling, safety and pilotage.
The RYA Level 2 certificates are recognized by the UK Coastguard and are used as a Tender License on board larger yachts.
Training vessels used include: 6.5m Capelli Tender.
PWC/Jet Ski License
1-day PWC /Jet Ski qualification includes launching & recovery, safety on the water, navigation, high speed jet ski handling and taking care of personal watercraft. By the end of the course you will receive an RYA license and be able to drive a jet ski legally.
Important information: It is illegal to drive a jet ski without a certification in the whole Mediterranean for safety & insurance reasons.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 05 February 2024 3 places
- 26 February 2024 3 places
- 11 March 2024 3 places
- 25 March 2024 3 places
- 08 April 2024 3 places
- 22 April 2024 3 places
- 20 May 2024 3 places
- 03 June 2024 3 places
- 01 July 2024 3 places