Approved Engine Course 1
£770 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Approved Engine Course
- Training School:
- Fire Aid Academy Ltd
- Hythe, Southampton, United Kingdom
- 5 days
This course is the first part of the AEC qualification and will give you knowledge of working with diesel engines and associated systems through a mix of classroom theory discussions and hands-on experience in our workshop. The outcome of the course will see students meet the requirements of the MCA Codes of Practice for the Safety of Large Commercial Sailing & Motor Vessels, the Safety of Small Commercial Motor Vessels and the Safety of Small Workboats & Pilot Boats.
This course is a good starting point for anyone looking to begin a career as an engineer of small vessels (Fishing Vessels, Yachts, Tugs, Workboats, Standby, Seismic Survey, Oceanographic Research Vessels and Government Patrol Vessels). You will gain the skills and knowledge to carry out fault detection and prevention and service marine diesel engines.
This course is also aimed to address the following reference areas;
- Annex 5 of the Safety of Large Commercial Sailing & Motor Vessels Code defines the Engineering Competencies required for these vessels.
- Annex 7 of the Safety of Small Commercial Motor Vessels Code defines the Engineering Competencies required for these vessels.
- Annex 11 of the Safety of Small Workboats & Pilot Boats Code defines the Engineering Competencies required for these vessels.
Over the five days, the course will cover a range of topics, including;
- The general principles of compression ignition engines and the role of air in the process
- Spotting faults and correcting them
- Engine electrical systems
- Hull fittings and power transmission units
- Cooling and lubrication systems
- Laws around pollution and safe working practices
Students must be 18 or over to attend the course