Advanced training for ships subject to the IGF Code
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Additional STCW courses
- Training School:
- Diverso Impex
- Split, Croatia
- 4 days
D50B – Advanced training for ships subject to the IGF Code (STCW V/3)
Ships to which the IGF Regulations apply
- The master, engine officers and other persons directly responsible for the care of fuels and fuel systems and their use on ships to which the IGF Regulations apply must have a Certificate of Competence – Work on ships to which the IGF Regulations apply – management level (STCW V/3).
- The certificate referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article shall be issued to a seafarer who:
– holds the certificate referred to in Article 67a of this Ordinance
– has completed the special training referred to in Annex D50B to this Ordinance
– pass the examination for obtaining such a certificate in accordance with the program from Annex C51B of the Ordinance
– has at least one month of seagoing service involving at least three refuelings on ships carrying cargo to which the IGF Regulations apply or has participated in the implementation of at least three transhipments on liquefied gas tankers, and
– has at least three months of seagoing service in the last five years on:
ships to which the IGF Regulations apply; or tankers transporting as cargo cargoes to which the IGF Ordinance applies; or ships using gases or fuels with a low flash point.
- The condition referred to in paragraph 2 of this Article with regard to special training or taking the exam for the acquisition of the relevant certificate is not required to be completed by the crew members who hold the certificate referred to in Article 66 of this Ordinance, and who meet the conditions referred to in paragraph 2, indents 4 and 5 of this Article.
- Participation in the loading or reloading of fuel as prescribed in paragraph 2 of this Article proves is a signed statement by the master of the ship, shipowner, company or intermediary.
- The certificate referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article shall be valid for a period of 5 years from the date of issue.
After successfully completing the course and examinations at the Harbor Master's Office, candidates will receive certificate issued by the Ministry of the Sea, Transport and Infrastructure of the Republic of Croatia.