Updated Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boat
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Updated Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats
- Training School:
- CMSE Training
- Ringaskiddy, Co Cork, Ireland
The course offers you a combination of both classroom theory and practical boat operations.
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the construction characteristics and required maintenance of FRB and equipment
- Assess readiness of FRB and related equipment for use
- Manage safety precautions before and during launch
- Take charge of a fast rescue boat after launch
- Handle a fast rescue boat in prevailing weather and sea conditions
- Use communication and signalling equipment
- Carry out search patterns
- Recover a casualty from the water and transfer to a place of safety
This half day course complies with the directive contained in Regulation VI/2 paragraph 2 and section A-VI/2 paragraphs 11 and 12 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978 as amended and its aim is to provide training for Fast Rescue Boat Update Training for participants as set out in Table A-VI/2-2.
In order to complete this Updated Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats training course you must have completed STCW recognised Fast Rescue Boats Course and either produce a copy of the valid certificate: or a valid self-declaration form confirming your on board training requirements have been met.
An up to date ENG 11 Medical Certificate, a valid Seafarer’s Medical Certificate issued by any administration of an EU member state or a Doctor’s note stating you are considered medically fit to participate in all aspects of the course will be required.
To avoid delays copies of required certifications can be submitted in advance of training dates online from our website www.cmse.ie