Certificate of Proficiency in Medical First Aid
£552 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Medical First Aid
- Training School:
- Maritime Skills Academy
- Dover, Kent, United Kingdom
- 4 days
Duration: 4 days
The aim of the course is to provide seafarers the essential knowledge and training in Medical First Aid, particularly focusing on:
- The ability to carry out an assessment of casualties.
- How to raise the alarm and what information is required.
- Treating a variety of different injuries and medical conditions.
- Understanding the limitations placed upon a ship when someone injures themselves.
- Familiarisation with the equipment available as per the M1768 Ships Medical Stores list.
- The course does require physical work that is carried out on the floor so anyone with injuries that prevent them from doing that will be unable to complete the course and will have to re book once they are fit and well.
- The course will include videos, discussions and practical based exercises.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
If you or your company require this course on another date and have a minimum of 6 delegates, please contact the shortcourses team to arrange a suitable date.
Viking can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 15 June 2020
- 14 September 2020