STCW 95 Basic Safety Training
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- Resolve Maritime Academy
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States of America
- 5 days
It is the intent of Resolve Maritime Academy to provide realistic and practical training that is specific to our operation and core business values. Through classroom instruction and practical exercises, the basic maritime safety course will cover the four core components of safety as required under the STCW 95 standards and USCG regulations.
These components are:
- Basic Marine Fire Fighting
- CPR & First Aid
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
- Personal Survival
Upon completion of this course the students will be able to prevent accidents, injuries, and harm to our environment; function safely and harmoniously in the chain of command; and in case of an emergency, react in the correct manner.
- The student will have satisfactorily met the course objectives if he or she scores a course average of 80% on written exams. A minimum of 70% on each written examination is required to pass the particular component.
- Students who cannot read sufficiently to pass the examination will be given a verbal examination. Someone from the corporate office will administer the verbal exam.
The majority of the practical exercises undertaken during this course are team oriented. Active participation in all practical exercises will be considered passing. Students having trouble performing a particular skill will be given individual attention by the instructional staff.
Personnel who do not satisfactorily pass the written examination will be required to retake the course component and examination again. Three failures of a course component will require the student to retake the entire course.
A course completion certificate will be issued to the student upon successful completion of all course requirements and assessments.