Vessel Personnel with Designated Security Duties
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Designated Security Duties
- Training School:
- Resolve Maritime Academy
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States of America
- 1 day
This course is intended to provide the knowledge required for facility and vessel personnel who are assigned specific security duties in connection with either a Facility Security Plan (FSP) or Vessel Security Plan (VSP) to perform their duties in accordance with the requirements of the Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002, Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS 74 as amended, and/or the IMO ISPS Code, and/or relevant U.S. Coast Guard regulations contained in 33 CFR Chapter 1 Subchapter H. The course aim is also to meet the mandatory minimum requirements for knowledge, understanding and proficiency in Table A-VI/6-2 of the STCW Code and the mandatory training requirements in 33 CFR Part 104.
The target audience attending this course will be serving seafarers (or other vessel personnel) or will be persons employed (or to be employed) by a vessel or port facility operator and are likely to be assigned specific security duties in connection with the FSP or VSP.
This syllabus covers the requirements of the STCW Code Chapter VI, Table A-V1/6. Those who successfully complete this course should be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge to undertake the duties assigned under the Facility and/or Vessel Security Plan as defined in 33 CFR Parts 105.219 and 104.220, which include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of current Security threats and patterns;
- Recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances, and devices;
- Recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis, of characteristics and behavioral patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security;
- Techniques used to circumvent security measures;
- Crowd management and control techniques;
- Security-related communications;
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans;
- Operations of security equipment and systems;
- Testing, calibration, and maintenance of security equipment and systems;
- Inspection, control, and monitoring techniques;
- Methods of physical searches of persons, personal effects, and baggage cargo, and vessel stores.
It is assumed that those attending this course will be persons employed (or to be employed) by a vessel or port facility operator and are likely to be assigned specific security duties in connection with the Vessel/Facility Security Plan.
Resolve Maritime Academy
1600 SE 17 Street, Third Floor
Fort Lauderdale, FL
United States of America