Basic Safety Refresher Training
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Updated STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- Glasgow Maritime Academy LLP
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- 5 days
Glasgow Martime Academy delivers the MCA approved STCW 95/2010 Basic safety refresher training every alternative week.
STCW 2010 requires all seafarers to update their basic safety training every 5 years. The minimum requirements for familiarisation and basic safety training are contained within the Basic Safety Training refresher Week (BSTW) and meet the appropriate standard of competence.
The course is split up into several parts
- Personal Survival Techniques refresher - 0.5 day
- Updating Proficiency Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting - 1 day
- Updating Proficiency in Advance Fire Fighting - 1 day
- PSCRB - refresher - 1 day
- FRC refresher - 1 day
- PDSD - 1 day
- PSA - 0.5 day
- Proficiency in Medical Care Refresher - 3 days
If a candidate has just the basic stcw 95 safety training then they need to do - PST and FPFF refresher.
If the candidate holds an AFF or psc&rb certificate then they must refresh that.
If a candidate holds FRC certificate then they must refresh that.
If the vessel is under ISPS code then they would also need to do a Pdsd or PSA course.
Medical Care also has to be refreshed every 5 years
In Norway - uk they both recognise stcw standards of each other and all the counties are still doing terms but Europe is harmonised.
We can offer you the following refresher courses as a 5 day block.
- day 1 - FRB
- day 2 - PST
- day 3 - FPFF
- day 4 - AFF
- day 5 - PSCRB