Shipboard Safety Officer
£495 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Shipboard Safety Officer
- Training School:
- Fire Aid Academy Ltd
- Hythe, Southampton, United Kingdom
- 2 days
This course is designed according to the MNTB (Merchant Navy Training Board) course standard for the Shipboard Safety Officer.
The topics covered give detailed information to existing or ‘to be’ safety officers in implementing safety requirements successfully.
After having completed this course successfully, safety officers will find themselves very comfortable in undertaking the role of an active safety officer.
The objectives of the courses are to give delegates knowledge of:
- The duties of a shipboard safety officer
- The legislative information relevant to their role
- ISM code, its relationship to their role within the Safety Management System
- Incident prevention and investigation including techniques to conduct interviews
- Correct procedures to identify hazards & conduct risk assessments & mitigate risks
- The significance of inspections and audits
- Record keeping, reporting incidents and accidents
- The role of safety committees in shipboard safety
- Creation of safety culture onboard ships
At least 18 years of age; At least 12 months sea service; A minimum of two year consecutive sea service since attaining the age of 18. For a safety officer onboard a tanker, at least 6 months service on tankers.
TEACHING & LEARNING
A hands-on practical training approach is taken to deliver this course in which lectures, videos, group discussions, and practical scenario based exercises combined with delegate presentations form a compulsory part of training and assessment.
Assessment for this course consists of two parts – an ongoing assessment though involvement in group exercises and presentations and an end of course written assessment.
Please note that the number of course spaces listed as available on this site may not be correct as it is not linked to our website. For the most up to date course availability please check the 'Bookings' section on our website.