Proficiency in Survival Craft
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than fast rescue boats)
- Training School:
- STAR Center
- Dania Beach, Florida, United States of America
- 4 days
This course is a classroom- and survival craft-based course that is designed to cover the mandatory minimum requirements for the issue of certificates of proficiency in survival craft as specified in 46 CFR 12.01-3 and in Section A-VI/2 of the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) Code of 1995 for Seafarers. A final skills demonstration will be completed using shipboard specific survival craft equipment in accordance with COMDTPUB P16700.4 NVIC 03-02 dated 04 January.
The objective of this course is to instruct the student in the areas relevant to Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats Other Than Fast Rescue Boats, and in doing so satisfy company, national, and international regulations and assessment guidelines as stated in STCW (1995) table A-VI/2-1.
Student minimum prerequisites are:
- At least 18 years old;
- Competent in speaking and understanding the English language;
- Produces satisfactory evidence of having successfully completed an approved Basic Safety Training course including personal survival techniques within the past five years;
- Produces satisfactory evidence of having a minimum of 6 months sea service aboard ocean and/or coastwise vessels; and,
- Be medically fit.