Certificate of Proficiency as Ship Security Officer
£648 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Ship Security Officer
- Training School:
- Maritime Skills Academy
- Dover, Kent, United Kingdom
- 3 days
Candidates should have 12 months sea service or an appropriate sea service knowledge of ship operations to give them the experience needed to reach the training objectives and undertake the roles and responsibilities of an SSO. Those who do not meet this requirement will be awarded the MCA Proficiency in Designated Security Duties certificate, which is also an IMO recognised qualification approved by Security Companies.
The aim of the course will provide SSO’s with a better understanding of how to:
- maintain and supervise the implementation of a ship security plan
- assess security risks, threat and vulnerability
- undertake regular inspections of the ship to ensure appropriate security measures are implemented and maintained
- ensure that security and systems, if any, are properly operated, tested and calibrated
- encourage security awareness and vigilance.
- The course will include videos, discussions, and interactive exercises.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
Viking can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 10 March 2020
- 15 April 2020
- 27 May 2020
- 23 June 2020
- 21 July 2020
- 18 August 2020
- 15 September 2020
- 13 October 2020
- 10 November 2020
- 08 December 2020