Certificate of Proficiency as Ship Security Officer
£600 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Ship Security Officer
- Training School:
- Maritime Skills Academy
- Dover, Kent, United Kingdom
- 3 days
The aim of the course will provide SSO’s with a better understanding of how to:
- Maintain and supervise the implementation of a ship security plan
- Assess security risks, threat and vulnerability
- Undertake regular inspections of the ship to ensure appropriate security measures are implemented and maintained
- Ensure that security and systems, if any, are properly operated, tested and calibrated
- Encourage security awareness and vigilance.
The course will include videos, group discussions, radio communication exercise, trainer led presentations, search exercises and ship security plan development.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course with a short assessment exercise upon completion.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:24 throughout.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
Ship Security Officer training encompasses Security Awareness and Designated Security Duties, therefore, if you hold a Ship Security Officer Certificate of Proficiency, there is no separate requirement to complete Security Awareness or Designated Security Duties training.
Candidates should have completed at least 12 months’ approved seagoing service (or a minimum of 3 months’ seagoing service if the candidate is signed onto a vessel in a security role) allowing them to gain knowledge of ships operations to enable them to reach the training objectives as laid down in A-VI/5 of the STCW Code.
Maritime Skills Academy
Viking House, Beechwood Business Park Menzies Road