Certificate of Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boat
£759 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than fast rescue boats)
- Training School:
- Maritime Skills Academy
- Dover, Kent, United Kingdom
- 5 days
The aim of the course is to give seafarers who are required to take charge of a survival craft or a rescue boat (other than fast rescue boats) in emergency situations the essential education and training to meet the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in the following:
- Take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch.
- Operate a survival craft engine.
- Manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship.
- Use locating devices, including communication and signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics.
- Apply first aid to survivors.
The course will include videos, group discussions, trainer led presentations and practical demonstrations driving lifeboats, rescue boats, man overboard procedures and controlling davit operations.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course with a short written exam upon completion.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:24 for theory elements and 1:8 for practical sessions.
The STCW requirement for refresher training at 5-yearly intervals must be met or sufficient onboard evidence must be provided.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
We can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.
Maritime Skills Academy
Viking House, Beechwood Business Park Menzies Road