Certificate of Updated Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting (Refresher)
£240 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Updated Proficiency in Advanced Firefighting
- Training School:
- Maritime Skills Academy
- Dover, Kent, United Kingdom
- 1 day
Hold a Proficiency in Advanced Fire Fighting Certificate (STCW Reg VI/3 para 1 & Sec A-VI/3) or recognised equivalent pre 31 January 2000 (i.e. MNTB 4 Day Fire Fighting Course ).
Please note: you must also complete/show evidence of the updating training in Proficiency in Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting as per MSN1865.
The aim of the 1 day course is to give seafarers the essential education and training to meet the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in the following:
- Control fire fighting operations aboard ships
- Organise and train fire parties
- Inspect and service fire detection and fire extinguishing systems and equipment
- Investigate and compile reports on incidents involving fire
The course will include videos, group discussions, case studies, trainer led presentations.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course with a short written exam to kickstart the session.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:24 for theory elements.
The STCW requirement for refresher training at 5-yearly intervals must be met or sufficient onboard evidence must be provided.
Upon completion of the course you will be sent the the original certificate.
Maritime Skills Academy
Viking House, Beechwood Business Park Menzies Road