- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Updated Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than Fast Rescue Boats)
- Training School:
- The Northwest Maritime Academy
- Seattle, Washington, United States of America
- 3 days
Proficiency in Survival Craft Lifeboatman Limited PSC, Ltd.
Offered by Seafarers Worldwide & The Northwest Maritime Academy
STCW PSC Proficiency in Survival Craft Limited
PSC, Ltd., Courses
Seattle & La Conner Washington USA
BASIC DETAILS OF THE COURSE
PSC stands for Proficiency in Survival Craft.
This two and one half (2.5) day course provides the knowledge, understanding, and proficiency required to take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launching as outlined in the STCW code.
This course is designed for inland mariners and focuses on the survival craft found onboard inland and near-coastal vessels. Perfect for Washington State Ferry Crew members, or for vessels without lifeboats.
This course satisfies the following STCW95 and CFR requirements:
- FR Title 46 Subpart 160.035 Lifeboats for Merchant Vessels
- CFR: Title 46 Subpart 160.056 Rescue Boats
- CFR: Title 46 Subpart 160.151 SOLAS Life rafts
- CFR: Title 46 Subpart 28.270 Instruction, Drills & Safety
At this training you will learn about Safety Guide Lines, Ship Emergencies, Abandoning the Ship, Personal Lifesaving Appliances, Rescue Operation’s, Life Rafts & Life Raft Launching Devices / Appliances, Location Aids, Signals and Signs in an Emergency.
This STCW course has been developed for seafarers who are responsible for the survival crafts and rescue boats during an emergency situation.
By following this training, participants should be able to be in charge of the survival craft or rescue boat during and after launching. Besides this, the delegates will learn how to deal with the crew members and the rescue boat, and provide first aid after abandoning the ship.