STCW Personal Survival Techniques (PST) and Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (FPFF) Updating Training
£360 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Updated STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- Colossal Training
- Blackpool, United Kingdom
- 2 days
As of 1st January 2017, it will be mandatory for all persons working on ship, to provide documentary proof of having undertaken or updated certain STCW courses within the previous five years, including Personal Survival Techniques (PST) and Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting (FPFF) training.
For those persons who have already completed the full STCW PST & FPFF previously, the Updating Training course may be used to fulfil the above requirements in lieu of repeating the full course again, subject to the entry pre-requisites below.
This package follows MCA approved programmes of study, designed to refresh your knowledge of sea survival techniques and fire prevention and fire fighting techniques that can be applied to minimise risks whilst at sea.
STCW PST and FPFF Updating Training Learning Objectives:
- Donning and using an immersion suit
- Swim while wearing a life jacket
- Boarding a survival craft from the water
- Righting an inverted life raft
- Jump from a height into the water
- Keep afloat without a life jacket
- Minimise risk of fire on board
- Refresh skills in procedure, personal safety requirements and re-familiarise in ship board equipment
- Refresh skills to fight and extinguish fires
To undertake the Updating Training course you must have already completed the full STCW PST & FPFF previously within the last 5 years.
For the PST Updating you must be able to compelte the self-declaration form as found in Annex E(i) of the STCW code, as proof of having participated in on board drills and training. In addition, you must provide proof of sea service within the past 5 years e.g. Testimonial or a Discharge Book.