Certificate of Updated Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boat (Refresher)
£276 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Updated Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than Fast Rescue Boats)
- Training School:
- Maritime Skills Academy
- Dover, Kent, United Kingdom
- 1 day
Route One - For those holding Advanced Sea Survival or have a completed self-declaration form.
Duration: 0.5 day
Fee: £207 (incl.VAT) per delegate
Route Two - For those holding a full PSC&RB or equivalent.
Duration: 1 day
Fee: £276 (incl.VAT) per delegate
Seafarers who have six months or more sea service prior to 1 August 1998 and were exempt from basic safety courses.
Seafarers holding a Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than fast rescue boats) Certificate, or equivalent, which includes ‘Proficiency in Survival Craft’ and the ‘MNTB Life Boat Certificate’.
NB – certificates of proficiency issued under the authority of other administrations will be acceptable.
The aim of the course is to give seafarers who are required to take charge of a survival craft or a rescue boat (other than fast rescue boats) in emergency situations the essential education and training to meet the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) requirements set out in the following:
- Take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch.
- Operate a survival craft engine.
- Manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship.
- Use locating devices, including communication and signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics.
- Apply first aid to survivors.
The course will include videos, discussions and practical based exercises.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
We can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.