Certificate of Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boat
£897 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Fast Rescue Boats
- Training School:
- Maritime Skills Academy
- Dover, Kent, United Kingdom
- 3 days
The aim of the course is to give seafarers the essential education and training to thost that are required to take charge of a Fast Rescue Boat, with particularly focus on:
- Understand the construction, maintenance, repair and outfitting of fast rescue boats.
- Take charge of the launching equipment and appliance as commonly fitted, during launching and recovery.
- Take charge of a fast rescue boat as commonly fitted, during launching and recovery.
- Take charge of a fast rescue boat after launching.
- Operate a fast rescue boat engine.
Our course is run with an outboard engine boat.
The course will include videos, group discussions, trainer led presentations, practical boat capsizing in the survival pool, fast rescue boat operation and handling, man overboard techniques, search patterns, weather handling, coming alongside and launching techniques.
Delegates will be assessed throughout the course with a short written exam upon completion.
Trainer to delegate ratio of 1:24 for theory elements and 1:8 for practical sessions.
The STCW requirement for refresher training at 5-yearly intervals must be met or sufficient onboard evidence must be provided.
Upon completion of the course you will be presented with the original certificate.
We can arrange flights from anywhere in the world, local accommodation and even airport transfers for course delegates.
Maritime Skills Academy
Viking House, Beechwood Business Park Menzies Road