STCW FRB Updating
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Updated Proficiency in Fast Rescue Boats
- Training School:
- Fleetwood Offshore Survival Centre, Fleetwood Nautical Campus, Blackpool & The Fylde College
- Broadwater, Fleetwood, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- 1 day
This training is intended for seafarers seeking updating training certification for fast rescue boats the essential education and training set out in Table A-VI/2-2.Assessment is by direct observation and oral questioning. There is no expiry date on this certificate.
Important Course Information:
In order to comply with STCW Maritime and Coastguard Agency regulations, all delegates attending Merchant Navy Courses must provide a Seaman’s Discharge Book, Passport or Driving Licence when attending the centre. Failure to comply with this requirement will lead to a delay in the issue of Certificates.
Validity of certificate:
Attention is drawn to the fact that parts of the course are of a physical nature. You will be required to complete a medical declaration when you attend your course.
Modules and Assessment
- Routine maintenance procedures for FRB
- Carry out pre-use checks of FRB
- Carry out PPE checks for crew and self
- Brief crew for recovery duties
- Recovery of a casualty from the water
- Capsize of FRB in controlled environment
- Righting of FRB
- Re board FRB
Please note before embarking on this course you must hold a current STCW Fast Rescue Boat certificate, which must be brought to the course as evidence.
Those wishing to reduce the training time using Route 1 self-declaration for on-board training requirement form ANNEX E (iii),must have this completed and signed at the start of the course, failure to complete the self-declaration delegates will need to complete the whole day.