STCW PST Updating
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Updated Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques
- Training School:
- Fleetwood Offshore Survival Centre, Fleetwood Nautical Campus, Blackpool & The Fylde College
- Broadwater, Fleetwood, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- 1 day
This half day MCA approved revalidation course is designed to give all those seeking updating training certification for personal survival techniques the essential education and training set out in Table A-VI/1-1.Training consists primarily of exercises in our Environmental Training Tank. Assessment is by direct observation, oral questioning and simulated scenarios.
Important Course Information:
In order to comply with STCW Maritime and Coastguard Agency regulations, all delegates attending Merchant Navy Courses must provide a Seaman’s Discharge Book, Passport or Driving Licence when attending the centre. Failure to comply with this requirement will lead to a delay in the issue of Certificates.
Validity of certificate:
Attention is drawn to the fact that parts of the course are of a physical nature. You will be required to complete a medical declaration when you attend your course.
Modules and Assessment
- Correctly don and use an immersion suit
- Step from a height into the water
- Swim while wearing a life jacket
- Right an inverted life raft while wearing a life jacket
- Keep afloat without a life jacket.
- Board a survival craft from the water when wearing a life jacket.
Delegates must have previously completed an STCW PST or BTFS course.
Evidence of holding a PST can be the original certificate, certified stamp of completion of course in discharge book, Able seafarers certificate of competence, OOW or higher COC. Which must be brought to the course as evidence.