SCTW PSC and RB Updating
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Updated Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than Fast Rescue Boats)
- Training School:
- Fleetwood Offshore Survival Centre, Fleetwood Nautical Campus, Blackpool & The Fylde College
- Broadwater, Fleetwood, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- 1 day
This half day MCA approved revalidation course is designed to give all those seeking updating training certification for PSC&RB, the essential education and training set out in Table A-VI/1-2.Training consists primarily of exercises at our Marine lake training facility. Assessment is by direct observation, oral questioning and simulated scenarios.
Important Course Information
In order to comply with STCW Maritime and Coastguard Agency regulations, all delegates attending this Merchant Navy Course must provide the following when attending the centre.
- Seaman’s Discharge Book, Passport or Driving Licence
- Proof of either PSC&rb, PSC or MNTB Lifeboat Certificate
Where this certificate cannot be produced, the following MCA-issued certificates will permit entry onto the course: Able Seafarer Deck regulation II/5 or AB Certificate of Competency issued under the AB regulations 1970 or Officer Of the Watch Certificate of Competence or higher. Failure to comply with this requirement will lead to a delay in the issue of Certificates.
Validity of certificate:
Attention is drawn to the fact that parts of the course are of a physical nature. You will be required to complete a medical declaration when you attend your course.
Please note before embarking on this course candidates must: -
- Be at least 18 years old
- Hold a current PSC&RB or Lifeboat certificate (you must bring evidence of this).
- Evidence of holding a PSC&RB can be the original certificate, certified stamp of completion of course in discharge book, Able seafarers certificate of competence, OOW or higher COC.
- Those wishing to reduce the training time using Route 1 self-declaration for on-board training requirement form ANNEX (i),must have this completed and signed at the start of the course, failure to complete the self-declaration delegates will need to complete the whole day.
Other Costs and Equipment Needed
The majority of the course is of a hands on practical nature, the usual dress for theory sessions is smart/casual gear. You will also be required to bring:
- Boat suit or Waterproofs
- Working Kit including Safety Boots and warm clothing
- Photographic proof of identity, such as Passport or UK Driving Licence - This is compulsory to attend the course.
- Satisfied the self-declaration for on-board training requirement form ANNEX (i), attached, failure to complete the self-declaration will preclude entry onto the course.