Fire Prevention And Firefighting
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Fire Prevention and Firefighting (Basic)
- Training School:
- Fleetwood Offshore Survival Centre, Fleetwood Nautical Campus, Blackpool & The Fylde College
- Broadwater, Fleetwood, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- 3 days
To give all persons intending to go to sea a basic induction and knowledge of the ways in which fires are caused and the precautions to be taken to minimise the risk of fires on board ships. Assessment is by direct observation, oral questioning and a written examination. There is no entry requirement for this course.
Important Course Information
In order to comply with STCW Maritime and Coastguard Agency regulations, all delegates attending Merchant Navy Courses must provide a Seaman’s Discharge Book, Passport or Driving Licence when attending the centre. Failure to comply with this requirement will lead to a delay in the issue of Certificates.
Validity of certificate:
Attention is drawn to the fact that parts of the course are of a physical nature. You will be required to complete a medical declaration when you attend your course.
Modules and Assessment
- Response to emergency situations involving fires
- The use of breathing apparatus
- Fire fighting and fire extinguishing using portable equipment
- Act as a member of a fire fighting party