Training in Advanced Fire Fighting
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Advanced Firefighting
- Training School:
- Fleetwood Offshore Survival Centre, Fleetwood Nautical Campus, Blackpool & The Fylde College
- Broadwater, Fleetwood, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- 4 days
To give the delegates knowledge and skills to be able to control fire fighting operations aboard ship; to organise and train fire parties; to inspect and service fire detection and extinguishing systems and equipment and to undertake investigations and compiling reports on incidents involving fire. Assessment will be made in the form of direct observation, oral questioning, simulated scenarios and a written examination.
Important Course Information:
In order to comply with STCW Maritime and Coastguard Agency regulations, all delegates attending Merchant Navy Courses must provide a Seaman’s Discharge Book, Passport or Driving Licence when attending the centre. Failure to comply with this requirement will lead to a delay in the issue of Certificates.
Validity of certificate:
Attention is drawn to the fact that parts of the course are of a physical nature. You will be required to complete a medical declaration when you attend your course.
Modules and Assessment
- Fire Theory
- Organising and planning drills
- Effects of loose water on ship stability
- Breathing apparatus
- Operations procedure
- Casualty Handling
- Use of extinguishers and branches of various types
- Practical exercises using fire fighting appliances and breathing apparatus in smoke and heat
Before embarking on this course you must have received an approved STCW95 Fire Prevention and Fire fighting training certificate, or equivalent.