Certificate in Proficiency Survival Craft and RB
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than fast rescue boats)
- Training School:
- Fleetwood Offshore Survival Centre, Fleetwood Nautical Campus, Blackpool & The Fylde College
- Broadwater, Fleetwood, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- 5 days
The objectives of this course are to gain knowledge of the construction of and different types of survival craft during launch and recovery, to manage survivors and survival craft, to manage injured persons and administer first aid. Assessment will be made in the form of direct observation and oral questioning and by simulated scenarios
Important Course Information:
In order to comply with STCW Maritime and Coastguard Agency regulations, all delegates attending Merchant Navy Courses must provide a Seaman’s Discharge Book, Passport or Driving Licence when attending the centre. Failure to comply with this requirement will lead to a delay in the issue of Certificates.
Validity of certificate
Attention is drawn to the fact that parts of the course are of a physical nature. You will be required to complete a medical declaration when you attend your course.
Please note before embarking on this course candidates must: -
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have 6 months sea-time on merchant vessels (you must bring evidence of this).
- If you have sea-time in another capacity such as Royal Navy, Fishing or in the Private Yacht industry, you should have at least 12 months sea-time
- Have a Personal Survival Techniques Certificate or Basic Training for Seafarers certificate. Alternatives include; Royal Navy Survival Course
(If you are in any doubt as to your qualifying sea-time, please contact the MCA on an individual basis for verification)