Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (STCW PSCRB)
£630 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (other than fast rescue boats)
- Training School:
- South West Maritime Academy
- Cromhall, South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- 4 days
STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
The Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats (PSCRB) course gives seafarers who are required to take charge of a survival craft or a rescue boat (other than fast rescue boats) in emergency situations the essential education and training to meet the tasks required.
The PSCRB cours covers the skills required to:
Take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch
Operate a survival craft engine
Manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship
Use locating devices including communications, signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics
Apply first aid to survivors.
This course contains some exercises that are physically demanding. Any candidate unsure of their fitness for such activities should consult their doctor.
PSCRB course content:
By the end of the course, students should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launch
- Operate a survival craft engine
- Manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship
- Use locating devices including communications, signalling apparatus and pyrotechnics
- Apply first aid to survivors.
Course cost includes all manuals, certification.
Certification: Upon successful completion certification will be provided approved by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency as meeting the requirements laid down in:
Regulation VI/2, paragraph 1 and Section A-VI/2, paragraphs 1 to 4 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended and has also met the additional criteria specified in the STCW Convention and Code
Before commencing training, trainees must be at least 16 years of age and have received approved or recognised training in Personal Survival Techniques or equivalent. Training may be undertaken by individuals who have not achieved the sea service requirement of a minimum six months, but the certificate will not be awarded until proof of completion of six months sea service has been provided.
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 21 September 2021 6 places
- 29 November 2021 10 places