Ship Security Officer (SSO)
€365.80 EUR(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Ship Security Officer
- Training School:
- 4am Training
- IL-MOSTA, Malta
- 3 days
The aim of this training programme is to provide a ship’s officer with the knowledge and skills to carry out their duties as a designated Ship Security Officer in accordance with the International Ship and Port Facility (ISPS) Code. In particular, he or she will be able to:
- Supervise the implementation and maintenance of a Ship Security Plan
- Manage, monitor and optimise the ship’s security systems and processes
- Train, direct and motivate shipboard personnel in the performance of security related duties.
Who should attend
Ship’s officers who have been, or are likely to be, appointed as Ship Security
Officers under the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
- The threats facing the maritime industry.
- Duties and training of a SSO.
- Understanding the ISPS Code and the changes to SOLAS.
- Security Levels – Overview of security measures which may need to be addressed in
- Ship Security Plans at each Security Level.
- Ship Security Surveys and Assessment.
- Ship Security Planning.
- Monitoring the ship.
- Security training and drills.
- Applying the Declaration of Security.Port facility security overview.
- Piracy and hostage-taking on ships.
- Recognition of weapons and Improvised Explosive Devices.
- Security equipment and systems, their operational limitations.
Course Duration: 3 days