DP Induction Course - NI Approved
£1,550 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Dynamic Positioning Induction
- Training School:
- Kongsberg Maritime Ltd
- Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
- 5 days
As one of the leading Dynamic Positioning manufacturers, we offer a full list of DP courses at our UK training Centre.
After the course, the successful participants are able to:
- Define the principles of DP
- Recognise the component parts of a DP system
- Understand the relationship between vessel movement, position reference systems, sensors, computers, propulsion units and feedback.
- Understand the concept of redundancy.
- Understand the DP modes of control.
- Describe the operation of sensors and common position reference systems.
- Describe propulsion units, types and configurations.
- Understand power supply, redundancy and management.
- Practice communication and watch handover procedures.
Navigators, DP operator trainees and other users of DP systems who would like to start the Nautical Institute's DP Operator Certification Scheme.
We only train on the most upto date equipment and software.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ADDITIONAL DATES
The minimum qualification is set at STCW Regulation II/1 - II/2 - II/3 Deck, Regulation III/1 – III /2 – III/3 – III/6 Engine and Regulation III/6 for ETOs Alternative appropriate marine
vocational qualification will be considered on a case by case basis.
Prospective DPOs, who are in the process of training for an STCW certificate, can start the DP scheme and complete DP Induction course and 60 days Familiarisation only. See also:
Participants not qualifying for entry into the Nautical Institutes DP Operator Certification scheme may follow the course, but will not participate in the NI examination and will be issued a certificate of attendance for a “DP Awareness Course”.