STCW95 Elementary First Aid
£150 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Elementary First Aid
- Training School:
- 54 North Maritime Training
- Whitby, United Kingdom
- 1 day
Our Elementary First Aid (EFA) course, accredited by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA), provides practical knowledge, understanding and proficiencies in basic first aid at sea, with a range of techniques to consider in emergency situations. The course is delivered by very experienced medical trainers, providing students with a unique learning experience.
STCW’95 EFA is one of the four compulsory modules required for employment on all commercial vessels, fishing boats and ‘super yachts’ over 24 metres in length.
This course allows students to access the skills and expertise that we have acquired from years of operational experience in providing emergency medical care in many different environments and situations. Our course exceeds industry requirements and has opportunities to talk with experienced medics.
54 North Maritime Training’s MCA approved STCW'95 Elementary First Aid course includes all training aids and equipment. Subjects covered are
- Taking immediate action upon encountering an accident or other medical emergency
- Knowledge, understanding and proficiency of basic first aid
- Assess the needs of the casualty and threats to own safety
- Position casualty
- Apply resuscitation techniques
- Control bleeding
- Apply appropriate measures of basic shock management
- Apply appropriate measures of broken bones
- Apply appropriate measures in event of burns and scalds
- Improvise bandages and use materials in emergency kit
- Candidates will be required to participate in practical scenario-based training that covers all the subject areas listed above.
An STCW'95 Elementary First Aid approved certificate (MCA) will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
This 1 day course is held at our training facility in Whitby, North Yorkshire. Our training centre includes modern, fully equipped training rooms.
There are no specific entry standards, other than those required for entry to the industry.
Note that there are practical elements on certain training modules that contain some physically demanding exercises. Any candidate unsure of their health and fitness as to their ability to participate in such activities should consult their doctor.
54 North Maritime Training
54 North Maritime Training, Whitby Mission, Haggersgate