Ship Security Officer (SSO)
4,600 ZAR(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Ship Security Officer
- Training School:
- Certified Superyacht Academy
- Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
- 3 days
The Ship Security Officer (SSO) course is a mandatory requirement if you are looking to work in the Maritime Security Industry.
With the ever present threat of piracy and other security related threats, the need for qualified maritime security is in demand worldwide. This is not only related to commercial shipping but includes port facilities and the private sector.
On completion of the course, students will be able to understand the Principals and Responsibilities of National and International Requirements of a Ship Security Officer. They would have acquired the skills to Maintain ship security plans, Appreciate security levels, Develop and maintain measures for the control of access to the vessel, Conduct ship security and risk assessments and Implement effective search mechanisms and security control.
SSO Course Outline in accordance with STCW Table A-VI/5
- Module One: Introduction
- Module Two: Maintain and Supervise the Implementation of a Ship Security Plan
- Module Three: Assess Security Risk, Threat and Vulnerability
- Module Four: Undertake Regular Inspections of the Ship to Ensure that Appropriate Security Measures are Implemented and Maintained
- Module Five: Ensure that Security Equipment and Systems, if any, are Properly Operated, Tested and Calibrated
- Module Six: Encourage Security Awareness and Vigilance
- Module Seven: BMP4 (Best Management Practices for Protection Against Somalia Based Piracy)