Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- Training School:
- LJMU Maritime Centre
- Birkenhead, Wirral, United Kingdom
Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities (STCW A-VI/1-4)
Formative assessment throughout the course combined with end of course summative assessment
A classroom based course where lectures are enhanced through group exercises and discussion
MCA as per the STCW Code section STCW A-VI/1-4
The half day course is delivered as part of the Basic Safety Training mandatory for all seafarers prior to joining a ship. Upon successful completion of this course, the candidates will have covered the following course objectives:
- Comply with emergency procedures on board a vessel.
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment.
- Follow safe working practices.
- Contribute to effective communications on-board ship.
- Contribute to effective human relationships on-board ship.
- Understand the causes of fatigue and knows the necessary actions to control fatigue.
- The course forms part of the Basic Safety Training (BST) and can be undertaken with other pre-sea courses.