Passenger Safety and Hull Integrity for RoRo Ships
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Additional STCW courses
- Training School:
- LJMU Maritime Centre
- Birkenhead, Wirral, United Kingdom
- 1 day
Proficiency in Passenger Safety and Hull Integrity for RoRo Passenger Ships (STCW A-V/2 Para 7)
End of course assessment based on short answer questions
Various tools to aid learning are used such as lectures, discussions, videos and scenario based group exercises
MCA as per the STCW CodeRegulation A-V/2 Para 7
This one day course aims to give masters, chief engineer officers, chief mates, second engineer officers and persons assigned immediate responsibility for embarking and disembarking passengers, for loading, discharging or securing cargo or for closing hull openings on board ro-ro passenger ships.
According to the MNTB standard for this course, the following learning outcomes are covered:
- Carry out safe loading and embarkation procedures.
- Requirements for safe carriage of dangerous goods.
- Requirements for securing cargoes and knows how to use cargo-securing equipment and materials.
- Carry out stability and stress calculations.
- Procedures to open, close and secure hull openings.
- Procedures monitor and maintain a ro-ro deck atmosphere.
Deck and Engineer officers are taught and assessed on all outcomes whereas ratings are not assessed on outcome 4 above. Ratings however are expected to attend the learning outcome 4 to appreciate the complications related to ship stability, particularly when a ship becomes a casualty due to an accident. The certificate issued upon successful completion of the course will reflect the successfully completed outcomes.
NB: This course can be combined with Crisis Management & Human Behaviour and Crowd Management Training.
Upon successful completion of the course, all candidates are issued with Proficiency in Passenger Safety and Hull Integrity for RoRo Passenger Ships Course certificate which must be obtained prior to joining a ship if an individual is expected to be assigned duties relevant to passenger operations on-board a ship.