Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting

£420 GBP

Course Type:
STCW ➜ Fire Prevention and Firefighting (Basic)
Training School:
LJMU Maritime Centre
Birkenhead, Wirral, United Kingdom
3 days


ENG1 medical certificate, or equivalent, as an indicator of fitness and/or an assessment for fitness carried out by LJMU.


Formative assessment of practical skills combined with oral questioning throughout the course to assess underpinning knowledge and competencies gained.


Theory session supported by practical sessions on the fire ground. Practical training includes firefighting techniques taught and practised in a controlled environment


MCA as per the STCW Code section STCW A-VI/I-2

Course Description  

This two and a half day course provides training to the new seafarers who are about to join their first ship and prepares them for taking first aid actions for fighting fires on-board a ship. After having completed this course, they can take actions according to ship’s prescribed procedures but more importantly understand the precautions required to mitigate risks that may lead to a fire on-board.

The course is MCA approved under the MNTB standards and spends approximately 60% time in practical firefighting training whereas the remaining 40% time is spent in classroom covering procedural aspects of firefighting.

Upon successful completion of the training all candidates receive a STCW Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting Course certificate. According to the STCW 2010 Manila amendments, the FP&FF or its updating course must be refreshed every 5 years to update the knowledge and skills that cannot be refreshed at sea.

Book Here

LJMU Maritime Centre

3 Vanguard Way
Campbeltown Road
CH41 9HX
United Kingdom

Tel: (+44) 01512315090
Email: send message

Book Here School Details

Enquire about this course

Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy of this website. *