Business and Law (Master, Yacht)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Master (Yachts) - Business and Law
- Training School:
- LJMU Maritime Centre
- Birkenhead, Wirral, United Kingdom
- 5 days
Appropriate seatime to obtain NOE from MCA
Candidates’ knowledge is assessed throughout the course to prepare them for the IAMI written examination which is a 2.5 hour written examination of five questions requiring 60% marks to pass.
Classroom theory sessions using group discussions.
This course is designed to prepare candidates for their Master (Yachts) - Business and Law and covers the following topic areas:
- Legal Framework
- Safety Management
- Contracts and Marine Insurance
Whilst the candidates are not expected to display an academic grasp of the legal principles involved beyond that needed to operate vessels, the course enables Masters of yachts to understand:
- Their legal obligations for the safe, secure and pollution free operation of yachts in the context of statutory obligations and civil law
- The different legal jurisdictions that apply in a vessel operating in International waters.
- Aspects of English law necessary for the correct administration of a UK-registered commercially or privately operated yacht
Candidates are recommended to study the course notes prior to attending the course. These notes can be provided to candidate upon request and after confirmation of booking.
Upon course completion, candidates receive a ‘course completion’ certificate which is a pre-requisite for sitting the written examination.