STCW Basic Training
€1,167.65 EUR(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Updated STCW Basic Safety Training Week (Package)
- Training School:
- RelyOn Nutec
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 4 days
The basic training aims to equip prospective seafarers with the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to perform the role as seafarer effectively.
Delegates will receive appropriate STCW '78 as amended approved basic training in:
- personal survival techniques;
- fire prevention and fire fighting;
- elementary first-aid;
- personal safety and social responsibilities.
Aims and objectives
Delegates will achieve the following competences:
- survive at sea in the event of ship abandonment;
- minimize the risk of fire and maintain a state of readiness to respond to emergency situations involving fire;
- fight and extinguish fires;
- take immediate action upon encountering an accident or other medical emergency;
- comply with emergency procedures;
- take precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment;
- observe safe working practices, contribute to effective communications on board ship;
- contribute to effective human relationships on board ship;
- understand and take necessary actions to control fatigue.
The training is mandatory for all seafarers, who should complete this basic training before being assigned to any shipboard duties.
Maximum number of participants
Max. 12 delegates
For admission to the course a delegate must be in the possession of a valid medical examination, to include use of Breathing Apparatus (BA).
For receiving a certificate of Basic Training the delegate must:
- Be in the possession of a valid approved medical certificate for seafarers;
- Meet the standards of competence for certificates of Basic Training.
The Basic Training of Falck Safety Services applies to the guidelines of STCW '78 as amended.