- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Additional STCW courses
- Training School:
- Resolve Maritime Academy
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States of America
- 2 days
*Resolve Maritime Academy LNG firefighting training course is not accredited by the USCG. It is discretionary to your employer if the completed training is applicable to your field of work.
As countries throughout the world work to find alternative means of energy, this has led to the increased production, transportation, storage and end use of Liquefied Natural Gas, also known as LNG. Because of these increases, a greater need for knowledge and awareness of LNG has evolved.
This course aims to improve awareness as it relates to LNG by focusing on
- Potential hazard response
- Identifying the product-LNG and its cryogenic and flammable properties and hazards.
- Actions to be taken in the event of an LNG pool fire, including selecting the proper extinguishing medium and appropriate techniques for handling the fire.
- Proper vapor dispersion and control.
- Spill control
Upon completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Explain what LNG is
- Understand the properties of LNG
- Explain how LNG is transported
- Identify hazards of LNG
- Understand the proper handling of an LNG incident
A course completion certificate will be issued to the student upon successful completion of all course requirements and assessments.
There are no minimum requirements for entry into the class
This course is available on the following days:
(please check the availability with the training school)
- 01 October 2019 24 places
- 22 October 2019 20 places
- 05 November 2019 20 places
- 03 December 2019 20 places