Tanker Firefighting Training (STCW A-V/1-1-1 and A-V/1-2-1)
£174 GBP(incl. VAT)
- Course Type:
- STCW ➜ Additional STCW courses
- Training School:
- Merseyside Fire & Rescue Service - Training & Development Academy
- Croxteth, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- 1 day
e new STCW2010 requirements for training and certificatio, Tanker firefighting operations has come into operation.
Seafarers who have an STCW Fire Prevention and Firefighting Certificate or be in the process of completing it.
On completion of the course the candidate will be able to carry out firefighting operations on board tankers.
- They will be able to describe typical tanker fire response and firefighting organisation and procedures
- Identify the special hazards associated with cargo handling and transportation of hazardous and noxious liquids and liquefied gases in bulk
- Carry out the initial actions on discivering a fire
- Describe the correct firefighting agents used to extiguish oil, chemical and liquefied gas fires
- Describe the use of fixed deck firefighting equipment including dry powder and foam
- Demonstrate as a team member use of the deck foam monitor and use of a deck dry power installation
- Demonstrate and use portable firefighting foam equipment
- Demonstrate spill containment in relation to firefighting operations
Assessment will be in the form of oral questioning and group work and a final written exam.
Certificates will be awarded to all successfully completing the course. Course accredited by the Marine and Coastgaurd Agency MCA.
Delegates undergoing firefighting training will be required to complete and sign a confidential medical declaration to make us aware of any health problems, disabilities or injuries that we may need to take into account whilst attending this phyiscally demanding course. It is therfore essentianl that delegates feel healthy and are physically fit to undertake such training.
Should you require any further information regarding courses MF&RS deliver please click on the Enquiries tab and send us a message.